Software Engineer, with the following duties:
- Provide technical consultancy to clients for Decision Support systems and projects built in Tableau, Microstrategy and Power-Bl.
- Provide Server Administration for Tableau and Microstrategy projects.
- This includes license management, user management, data security implementation and environment upgrades.
- Provide technical consultancy to clients for Azure Datawarehouse and Azure Data Factory Projects.
- Coordinate migration to Cloud base data warehouses and Bl Solutions. Implement best practices and improve the ongoing maintenance process.
- Extract data from source systems using SOL Server lntegration Services (SSlS) and SOL scripts. Develop and customize reporting for Microsoft Dynamics AX (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, 2012 R2, 2012 R3, AX 4 and AX? by using SOL Server reporting Services (SSRS) and Power-Bl. Provide customizations to Bl software and solutions using APl and SDKs.
- Provide connectors to connect with web APls and extract data for reporting purpose.
- Manage architecture, perform technical analysis and design.
- Creation and maintain Functional specification and Business Requirement documents.
- Assure that application design and implementation are consistent with technology strategy. Provide functional/technical reviews and Assist in devising unit test plans.
- Provide production support for software systems.
- Act as liaison with offshore development team.
Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related.
Alternative fields of study that may be accepted:
Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, or related.
Quantitative experience requirements:
Must have two years of experience in the offered position, or related position (other acceptable titles: of Senior Advisory Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software consultant or a related).
Must have two years' experience in the following skill set:
- Dashboard and Report development using Tableau Desktop.
- Tableau Server administration.
- Microstrategy Project Design, Report and Dashboard Development.
- Reports and Dashboard development using Power-Bl.
- Azure Data Factory Orchestration and Pipelines.
- ETL package designing using SQL Server lntegration Services.
- Operational reports design using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Databases: SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Teradata, Azure DW.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
Job is currently located at Houston, TX with possibility of medium to long-term relocation to Pittsburgh PA or Cranbury, NJ or other unanticipated client sites throughout the US. The position is 40 hours per week, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.