Application Developer, with the following duties:
- Application development using Java and Python programming languages.
- Extensive experience with Angular, D3.Js is a major plus
- Working with big data solutions using Hadoop, Spark and associated technologies.
- Deliveries Include development, testing, deployment & support.
- Design & Develop ETL workflows.
- Create processes for data ingestion and processing
- Develop user tools to access large datasets.
- Analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them.
- 6 years of application programming and development experience in a financial/risk management environment including but not limited to Java, Python, Oracle (SQL), and frameworks like spring, hibernate etc.
- Preferred experience with Python and associated technologies.
- Experience working with Enterprise class systems.
- Experience with multi-tier and service oriented architecture.
- Preferred working experience with big data and associated technologies such as Hadoop (Common, HDFS, MapReduce), Hive, HBase, Spark (Streaming and Spark SQL), etc. – Familiarity with enterprise source control management tools – GIT, SVN
Top required skills:
Application Architecture, Big Data Solution, Java, Angular JS
Above all else, a willingness to learn new technologies and adopt the mindset of an agnostic problem solver based on significant expertise in computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and OO design) is key.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Financial regulatory processes involving BASEL, CCAR, DFAST
- Exceptional Python
- Data Modeling
- Restful Webservices
- Spring Framework
Contract to Hire
The position is currently located in Pittsburgh, PA, but may require medium to long-term relocation to Brecksville, Ohio.