This Lead UX Designer role will facilitate and execute design projects. The ideal candidate has strong experience creating and driving the design for world-class platforms and experiences. The Lead UX Designer works closely with the AVP of Digital but will drive the design solution. The ideal candidate has been involved in most digital creative under-takings, from project concept and user understanding to design execution and client presentation. He/she is skilled in defining and executing design styles based on client strategy, brand and creative guidelines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contributes to the process and creation of successful design concepts through active participation in client requirement gathering, design leadership, team collaboration (onshore and offshore) and client presentation.
- Agile methodology and Scrum experience strongly-preferred.
- Understanding client requirements and giving clear design feedback to other design team members.
- Work closely with the client to successfully translate concepts into engaging, modern user experiences.
- Ensure the usability, consistency, feasibility, brand relevance, and functionality of final design deliverables.
- Develop elegant web solutions that perform appropriately and degrade gracefully in multiple browsers, platforms, and media types.
- Adapt visual designs into dynamic websites and website templates.
- Adheres to and contributes to the development of best practices, from a UX and design process perspective.
- 4+ years of digital and UX design experience in defining and driving the design direction of both small and large eCommerce projects for web and other digital media
- At least one year of Agile and Scrum experience.
- Expert proficiency in multiple types of web design software, including Photoshop, Sketch and Keynote, on a Mac
- Demonstrable understanding of UX best-practices, from user journey definition and use cases to wireframes and final visual design
- A strong online portfolio, showcasing an expertly-executed ranges of UI and visual design skills and styles
- Must be detail-oriented and ensure timely and accurate delivery of designs
- Good insight into current web design trends and related creative spaces
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well with and lead other UX designers and developers
- Experience with prototyping and user testing
- A positive attitude and a passion for strong design solutions
- Experience with AR a plus