The Retail BI Analyst will provide strategic, analytical, and technical support for business intelligence projects and initiatives. The BI analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which BI applications and solutions are developed. The BI analyst is also heavily involved with the distribution and successful delivery of all BI reports.
- Partners with stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and surface the unarticulated need
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Collaborate with Product Owner to create the initial Backlog, reprioritize requirements, and remove outdated story cards
- Breakdown epics, develop user stories and drive detailed reporting requirements with necessary business rules for BI report development
- Define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Present the requirements back to stakeholders and receive feedback
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and works with customers to uncover unmet business needs
- Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable BI applications that have long-term value
- Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
- Domain understanding of business intelligence solutions, measures, KPI, reports and dashboards for Retail industries
- Knowledge of BI tools such as Cognos and ERP/Retail Systems like SAP.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools is required
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Proven experience with gathering and documenting information requirements for retail and supply chain projects
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Professional image with the ability to form good partner relationships across functions
- Strategic, intellectually curious thinker with focus on outcomes
- Experience working on data warehouse and business intelligence deployments
- 8 to 10 years of business analysis, requirement gathering, BI, data analysis or related experience in retail industry
- Minimum 4 years of experience in BI projects.
- Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications in agile methodology