Software Engineer, with the following duties:
- Strong knowledge of multiple development methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile) & different tools (Redmine, Eclipse, SourceTree, Stash/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Confluence, and JIRA).
- Provide technical problem resolution to complex issues.
- Develop design patterns and apply the requirements to map data to platform objects.
- Understand the architecture criteria necessary for multiple sites and develop a best practices localization plan.
- Interaction with different client’s department heads and managers to understand the business requirements.
- Involved in estimation of timeframe for development, testing and deployment.
- Identify optimization points that focus on client side, server side and integration layer performance.
- Provide development plan that meets the future needs of our clients and markets, based on technologies.
- Perform Root cause analysis, code review and testing to produce high quality code.
- Being hands on in the code and data from a front end and back end perspective.
- Provide functional and analytical review.
- Assure that application design and implementation are consistent with technology strategy.
- Assist in devising unit test plans.
- Provide production support for software systems.
- Act as liaison with offshore development team.
Requirements for the position:
BA degree in computer science or a related field
Work experience requirements:
2 years of experience in the offered position, or in the alternate job title of Advisory Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
2 years in the following skill set:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware) development.
- Demandware Scripts, Demandware Pipelines, Demandware Controllers.
- Eclipse, SourceTree, Stash/Bitbucket, Jenkins.
- Microsoft .Net web development.
The position is currently located at Pasadena CA with a possibility of relocation to either Pittsburgh, PA or Cranbury, NJ, or other unanticipated sites throughout the U.S.
The position is 40 hours per week, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.