Team A Ventures Pvt Ltd. is an international brand retailer in Asia. The company is dedicated to building a team of professionals for managing proprietary brand value in a rapidly growing retail market. With more than thirty stores across eight brands and many more, Team A Ventures Pvt Ltd. stands at the forefront of a retailing revolution in the region.
Team A Ventures is a Retail Partner for the following eight different brands:
- Early Learning Center
The proposed solution was implemented at the following two brands of Team A Ventures:
Team A Ventures Pvt Ltd. is the appointed distributor of Crocs footwear. Born in Boulder, Colorado as a simple, comfortable boat shoe, today Crocs™ footwear can be found across the globe and in more than 120 styles for men, women and children. With distinct collections, Crocs offers colorful, lightweight comfort for any occasion and every season.
For three generations, Timberland has built a reputation for making rugged outdoor gear. In 1973, Timberland introduced the first waterproof leather boot, setting new standards for craftsmanship, durability and protection for the outdoors.
Team A Ventures was previously using an ERP solution for its Retail and Point of Sales operation which fulfilled their needs to some extent. Since, all the functions were not integrated with the ERP they were using, it offered a limited usage. The challenges were:
- Lack of integration in Financials, Supply Chain, Procurement, Inventory and Warehouse, Retail Head quarter and Store Operations. Subsequently, separate systems were maintained by the relevant departments.
- Inability of the legacy system to support current integrations between all departments and operations.
- Lack of monetary control over daily operations in the Finance department.
- Lack of segregation of duties and controls.
- Ambiguity in data management due to the absence of a unified data gathering platform.
Concisely, Team A Ventures lacked a system that could easily support its retail operations and integrate each function as well as domain of the company. In addition, the company relied heavily on manual management of data. These primary issues at Team A Ventures were leading to other secondary issues that was charging the company a huge opportunity cost until now. In order to overcome these issues, Team A Ventures expressed their wish to switch towards a complete enterprise solution that is built on international best practices for retailers.
The greatest challenge being faced by Team A Ventures was in designing and configuring an ERP, which can keep up with the local market’s needs and practices. Implementing an ERP solution with localization is never that easy. It takes great efforts as well as vast knowledge to provide workaround solutions. From creating utilities in local currency to customizing the taxation and regulatory requirements, there was a myriad of functions that required expert retail industry knowledge and focused work.
EdgeAX, a unit of Visionet Systems Inc. proposed the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and its EdgeAX solution, which is a complete suite that offers Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 centric solutions, for Retail at Team A Ventures. This comprehensive enterprise solution was implemented in a record time of 8 months.
The proposed solution for Team A Ventures matched the company’s operations most appropriately as the key features of Dynamics AX with regards to automation in processes, user friendliness and firm security matrix responded well to the company’s needs. The following modules of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 ERP were implemented:
- Financial Management
- Sales and Marketing
- Accounts Receivables
- Product Information Management
- Inventory and Warehouse management
- Procurement and sourcing
Also implemented were the following applications that are completely integrated with relevant modules of AX 2012, based on different users with different roles:
- Enterprise portal (EP) for Store Managers
- Point of Sales (POS)
- Handheld Application (SYSCAN) for warehouse and Store Staff
The implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Edge AX suite has assisted the company to focus entirely on the organization’s goals for business expansion. Other benefits include:
- Implementation of Retail and General Ledger Dynamics has resolved the issue of integration of retail operations with finance. Since it is an integrated solution, it avoids redundancy in work and allows the key personnel focus on more analytical data rather than making laborious efforts on data entry. Dynamics AX allows data entry through relevant upload utility at relevant forms, which are designed to cater different scenarios for all brands including Crocs and Timberland.
- Inquiry Form in Dynamics AX 2012 is available to help users in many ways like Transfer order inquiry form that will further help in planning expected arrivals and dispatched in coming future.
- Dynamics role based security has enabled the users to avoid duplication of master data creation. Only authorized users are allowed to create, update and setup such as product, customer, vendor and other operation setups.
- Product information Management enabled users to upload product master in Dynamics AX 2012 for each brand on the basis of different categories.
- Dynamics record level security provides users with a feature that lets them access records or data on the basis of the brand assigned to them, thus reducing the chances of manipulation or other human errors.
- Activity logs and Activity Versions in Dynamics AX 2012 allows user to maintain track of changes maintained in any form. Dynamics AX maintains all the versions of changes made on purchase orders, while handheld application maintains activity logs for any discrepancy items occurred scanned.
- Inventory and Warehouse Management module enabled Team A Ventures to incorporate inventory test of raw material, packing and finished material for the first time in the history of using ERP solutions. Microsoft Dynamics AX enabled them to test variables, item groups and their results and record them. It also provided journal like stock counting which updates either by using a handheld application or EP. Some of the other features that helped Team A Ventures included transferring of items using Transfer order, which in fact follows a flow of proper shipment and receipt on the other hand. This resulted in keeping a monetary control over the tracking of items.
- General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cash and Bank Module assisted the Finance department in automating their daily operations. Microsoft Dynamics AX facilitated in making the cash flow forecast for expected payments of invoices that contained proper supporting documents such as PO having authorized approvals. Payable module also helped in reducing their reconciliation work for payments. Microsoft Dynamics AX also facilitated in making pre-payments to vendor, performing bank reconciliations and maintaining banking documents i.e. LC checks, deposit slips, etc.
- Prior to the implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX, the Profit and loss was created manually by the finance department. Microsoft Dynamics AX automated this process through its financial dimension features by taking the reports as a dimension in transactions.
- Reporting in Dynamics AX 2012 helps users obtain reports, including financial statement, profit and loss account on the basis of brand, region and stores, maintaining and updating the inventory balance and keeping record of price history that helps in making business analysis. Dynamics AX also enabled users to design their own reports as per their requirements. It also provides some reports on EP like Sales reports based on the product or sales person.