Software Engineer, with the following duties:
- Design, development and test web front-end, back-end Web-based applications using Demandware.
- Create clean and organized HTML and CSS code from creative designs. Implement responsive web designs with or without bootstrap libraries using grid layouts, media queries and other techniques. Craft solutions for layout and styling issues across multiple browsers and devices.
- Work with business teams to discuss, recommend, explain, and reconcile desired functionality and technology capabilities around Demandware
- Performance tuning of Demandware Ecommerce Applications.
- Assist in the conceptual and technical design of the Ecommerce solution.
- Help in devising the unit test plans;
- Work with customers’ Project Managers to prioritize and plan work assignments;
- Act as liaison with offshore development team.
This professional position requires at least a bachelor’s degree (or foreign degree evaluated as equivalent by a US credentialing service) in computer science or a related field plus experience as a software engineer, software developer or software architect. The position also requires experience in analysis, design and architecture of ecommerce web applications using Demandware. Expertise in third party integrations, Link cartridge and custom development. This position serves as the primary developer for Demandware platform and any other related technologies needed to support client services. The position will also require consultancy for creating new sites with latest site genesis codebase and migrating existing code to new standards and features recently introduced by Demandware platform. This position is responsible for coordinating with development team to execute software development Projects. The position requires excellent time management, communication, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Job currently located in Cranbury NJ , but may require medium to long-term relocation to unanticipated sites in the U.S. The position is 40 hours per week, 9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.